Commercial carpet water damage restoration in Plymouth
Can carpets be dried in place in commercial properties in Plymouth?
Whenever flooring materials such as carpets and underpads become wet from a water leak, it is essential to dry the carpet, underpad, and subfloor to avoid permanent damage and mold growth.
SERVPRO responds in less than four hours to all water damage restoration calls in Plymouth. We use weighted extractors to remove water and moisture from carpeting and under padding. We use air movers and dehumidifiers to remove the remaining moisture. In addition to extraction, there are several other considerations for water damage restoration of carpeted floors:
- Older carpets may delaminate, requiring replacement
- Wet carpets may need to be floated to dry the underpad and subfloor properly
- Floated carpets expose tack strips, which are dangerous and must be covered to prevent injury
- Clients cannot walk on floated carpets until completely dry
- Walking from wet carpets onto tile floors can cause slip/fall safety concerns
Our team evaluates the best approach to restore your flooring materials exposed to water and minimize your commercial operations' downtime.
Contact SERVPRO of Plymouth/Wareham for water damage restoration Plymouth and surrounding areas. We can help 24/7. Call (508) 746-9500.